This option affects how colors are shown in the interface (e.g. the right panel), but it does not affect how code snippets are generated.
Here are the supported formats on the Mac app:
1. Automatic: Colors are formatted according to the project type.
- For Web projects, RGBA if the color has an alpha value lower than 1, Hex (RGB) otherwise.
- For iOS and macOS projects, the colors are shown in RGBA.
- For Android projects, the colors are shown in Hex (ARGB).
rgb 238 103 35, 0.5
3. Hex (RGB, A):
4. Hex (ARGB):
In the Mac app, you can change the color format in the top menu bar: “Project > Color Representation.”
In the Mac app, you can change the color format from the top menu bar: “Styleguide > Color Representation.”
Web app and Windows app
On the Windows app and the Web app (https://app.zeplin.io), you can change the color format for code outputs in Web projects only.
You will not be able to change the color format for iOS or Android projects.
Here are the supported formats in the web app and Windows app:
- Default: RGB if the color has an alpha value lower than 1, HEX otherwise.
- HEX: CSS Hex color notation. e.g. #ee67237f
- RGB: CSS rgb color function. e.g. rgba(238, 103, 35, 0.5)
- HSL: CSS hsl color function. e.g. hsla(20, 86%, 54%, 0.5)
You can change the color format by clicking the the right panel in the CSS menu:
You can change the color format by clicking the right panel in the CSS menu: